Huawei FTTO Solution
Fiber to the office (FTTO) is an alternative cabling concept for Intranet, Local Area Network or LAN network office environments. Discover the Huawei FTTO Solution: green, low-cost, simplified network architecture that helps hotels better interact with guests, opening up new ways to grow. Ask about pricing now. HuaweiMWC.
Campus Networks Are Witnessing a Wave of All-Optical Transformation. Through F5G optical technologies, the Huawei Fiber To The Office (FTTO) solution revolutionizes campus network transmission media, architecture, and O&M, helping industry customers build smart campus networks with ultra-high bandwidth and energy efficiency.
As many countries set targets for carbon neutrality, fiber-in and copper-out has become an inevitable trend, and all-optical campus networks have become the signature of next-generation smart campuses. Compared with the traditional network solution, FTTO extends optical fibers from ELV rooms to each room, desktop, and machine. In this way, all campus applications are carried on one optical network, which has significant advantages in terms of bandwidth, coverage, O&M costs, and service life, and meets the development requirements of services such as campus application cloudification, IoT, and ultra-HD video.
The FTTO solution has been adopted by over 5000 industry customers in more than 50 countries to build green and simplified smart campus networks, winning recognition from industries such as education, healthcare, and hospitality.
- Hotel, Optical fibers are extended to guest rooms to meet network access requirements, build differentiated competitiveness for hotels, and improve occupancy rates. Service scenarios: guest rooms, lobbies, offices, banquet halls, and dining halls.
- Commercial Complex, Passive optical LANs (POLs) are provided for various commercial complex scenarios. Service scenarios: smart stores, smart conference/office rooms, building control/security, and smart hotels.
- Higher Education, In various school campus scenarios, one optical fiber is extended to terminals to implement gigabit ultra-broadband access. In addition, the passive network is energy-saving and reliable, and features a smaller footprint. Service scenarios: classrooms, offices, libraries, canteens, dormitories, apartments, and security.
- Healthcare, Based on the point-to-multipoint simplified two-layer architecture, massive medical terminals are efficiently connected to an all-optical network featuring multi-service convergence, efficient O&M, and unified management. Service scenarios:consulting rooms, operating rooms, wards, image reading rooms, and outpatient halls.
- Office, Fibers are extended to a desktop or AP to provide wired and wireless office networks featuring high bandwidth, seamless roaming, and intelligent O&M for campus offices. Service scenarios: Wi-Fi access, POTS access, office data, and video conferencing.
Source : https://e.huawei.com/en/solutions/enterprise-optical-network/campus-optix